- Theater District, New York 10036, 1515 Broadway 45th St.
- (212) 302-2000
- This restaurant in the heart of the city serves one of the best breakfasts in the area, with its exquisite omelets, toasts, and griddle cakes.
Where is the best Times Square view?
Bonus Secrets – 1930 Bus Station Is Concealed in Hotel Carter. Hotel Carter was formerly known as Hotel Dixie. It was opened in 1930 and served as the Central Union Bus Terminal’s bus depot. Buses would enter on West 43rd Street and then travel underground to a ground-level turntable that is still visible today.
- The Art of Hidden Sound Between Broadway and Seventh Avenue (45th and 46th Streets), beneath a subway grade, is a hidden sound installation that has mystified New Yorkers since 1977.
- Max Neuhaus was the “sound sculptor” responsible for the installation that emits a percussion sound when pedestrians walk over the subway ventilation grate.
Hidden Sushi Bar Sake Bar Hagi serves authentic Japanese cuisine, but its storefront is concealed. Therefore, it is unusually devoid of tourists for a Times Square restaurant. Great View R Lounge at 2 Times Square, perched 26 stories above Times Square, offers arguably the best and most tranquil view of the area.
TIP 1 – Arrive early – As we all know, the ball will drop at midnight, but there will also be live performances and entertainment beginning at 6 p.m. There is no specific arrival time, but if you want a prime viewing spot (see below), try to arrive around 3 p.m.
Utilize our Times Square neighborhood guide if you’d like to do some exploring before staking out a good spot. We recommend that those arriving in the late afternoon or early evening use one of the 6th Avenue entrances rather than 8th Avenue or Broadway. The 6th Avenue entry points lead to 7th Avenue, which is straight and provides a direct view of the ball.
If you enter the area from 8th Avenue or Broadway, your view will be diminished due to the diagonal nature of Broadway. Also, if you are on 7th Avenue facing south (the ball) and turn away from the ball, you may be able to see fireworks in Central Park.
What type of bag should I carry in New York City?
Ultimate Guide to Packing for New York City Destination: New York Visiting the “City That Never Sleeps” can be intimidating, especially if you are not accustomed to large cities. And you might be wondering, “What should I bring?” This post will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various types of bags, what to pack in your bag, and additional travel tips.
- Before proceeding with this ultimate guide, it is important to note that you will never be fully prepared for New York City.
- There are simply far too many activities, and the weather is crazy! Focus on the following advice, and carefully consider the season you intend to visit and the activities you intend to engage in.
Yes, I said a fanny pack. (They are gaining popularity!) But in all seriousness, this is a question that is pondered.
- Should I carry a handbag, a backpack, or a fanny pack while traveling in New York City?
- Continue reading to determine which option is best for you!
Purchase these Fanny Packs starting at $5! If you’re concerned about safety, a waist pack will be your best option. No one will be able to steal anything from you as you sit comfortably on your hips. One benefit of fanny packs is that they are compact! Therefore, if you carry numerous items, a fanny pack is not for you.
- I have previously used waist packs, but I now have too much stuff! So fanny packs do not work for me personally.
- Purchase these Backpacks for as little as $6 I enjoy carrying a backpack around! Almost anything you purchase will likely fit in your backpack.
- If you are concerned about safety (which, to be honest, I doubt you will have in New York unless you wander into a particularly shady area), I would recommend a backpack with a zipper rather than a string tie.
Thus, no one will be able to reach in and steal something. I enjoy carrying a backpack throughout New York City. It holds everything I require, including the camera I bring along. Not only do the backpacks have an opening, but they also have zippers. This is a nice backpack for men with a sporty style.
- CAMERA + LENS | If you enjoy taking photographs, you should bring your camera. I employ a and a. I adore the features and quality of this camera and lens. (And don’t worry about appearing like a tourist
- many individuals carry cameras for non-tourist reasons.)
- PHONE CHARGING STICK | Bringing a and your cord is very helpful if your phone is about to die so you can charge it. You will utilize your phone frequently, so I recommend purchasing one just in case. (Just don’t forget your cord!)
- GERM-X | As you traverse New York, you end up touching so many objects! You will be extremely grateful that you brought hand sanitizer with you!
- CHAPSTICK | It seems that I’m always in need of chapstick, so I consider this an essential item. I would strongly recommend bringing some!
- SUNGLASSES | I never leave the house without them. Traveling through the city necessitates the constant use of stylish sunglasses.
- REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE | This can be refilled for free, so you don’t have to buy a drink when you’re thirsty.
- REUSABLE BAG | You never know when you will discover an item you can’t live without and end up purchasing it. on Amazon
- CARDIGAN / RAINCOAT | The weather can be unpredictable, so it’s best to be ready for anything!
You must first have a plan for what you intend to accomplish. Therefore, spend five minutes researching local activities and compiling a list of the ones that sound appealing. There are too many things, from the city to the beaches and mountains, to list.
- Choose the items that sound the most intriguing.
- For my personal trip to New York, I was required to wear a different dress three out of seven days.
- After that, all I needed were a few cute outfits for visiting the Metropolitan Museum and strolling around the city.
- Try to plan out each day and what you intend to accomplish on paper.
() This will help you determine what type of clothing to pack. (and whether you will see the same individuals!) As a side note, I go through my entire closet and pull out everything that is even remotely a possibility when deciding what to wear. Then, the process of elimination ensues. These packing cubes make an enormous difference! are the best thing I have discovered for travel! They help you organize your suitcase, keep your clothes together, and prevent wrinkles in your clothing! (If properly packed.) I cannot believe I have gone without packing cubes for so long! My words are insufficient to express how much I love them.
- They have helped me tremendously organize my belongings in my suitcase.
- I did not realize how much I needed them until I purchased them.
- Tip: Roll your clothes to prevent wrinkles, and when packing your cubes, place your clothes to the side and zip as you go to maximize space.
- Additionally, hold your finger inside the zipper as you zip the packing cube to prevent clothing from becoming entangled.
Browse these fashions on
- You can’t really go wrong with a dress during the spring and summer
- simply pair it with a jacket and booties in the spring and sandals in the summer.
- Jumpsuits and rompers are extremely easy to style and very fashionable!
Browse these fashions on You will want to wear jeans throughout the spring and summer. They can be paired with tennis shoes, loafers, or sandals. During the summer, a pair of shorts will be required, or you could wear a pair of thin, versatile pants. Browse these fashions on
Even though it can get quite warm in the summer, spring is still quite chilly, so bringing a light jacket or cardigan with you is ideal, especially as the day progresses and the temperature drops.
Browse these fashions on
In the spring, a thin sweater is an excellent choice, while t-shirts are ideal for the summer.
Browse these fashions on I would always recommend adding a splash of color! Whether they are earrings, hats, or hair ties, accessories add so much to your ensemble. Browse these fashions on Make certain that whatever footwear you bring is COMFORTABLE.
- Walking around New York City in uncomfortable footwear is the last thing you want.
- In New York, you can easily walk 10 miles.
- Browse these fashions on During the winter, you will require a single heavy coat.
- It does get COLD! However, in the fall, although it is still chilly, you do not necessarily need a thick coat; a thinner coat will suffice.
Browse these fashions on Depending on the weather, you can wear a sweater dress in the fall with over-the-knee boots or loafers. I adore fall fashions! Winter attire consists of more jeans, boots, and sweaters. (+scarf + hat + gloves – essentially stay warm) Sweaters are a must-have, so shop these styles on Sweaters.com! My favorite necklines are turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks.
- On extremely cold days, I would recommend wearing a base layer to keep warm.
- Shop these styles on Wearing a hat is the best way to keep warm! I adore berets and beanies, but in the fall, a velvet Panama hat really stands out.
- Vast brimmed hat) Scarves are a wonderful accessory and a great way to stay warm! I would strongly recommend wearing underneath your jeans or pants to keep warm.
That cold air will rip your pants to shreds! Browse these fashions on In the fall, you can wear loafers and ankle boots, but in the winter, you’ll need tall boots!