When Does Residence Inn Start Serving Breakfast? They start serving the first meal of the day at 6:30 a.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note that they might start later on holidays.
Does Residence Inn provide bath towels?
Yes. Additionally, the towels were always replenished with care.
Casey Halloran, co-founder of online travel agency Costa Rican Vacations, states that her company routinely questions hotels about cleanliness — and duvet covers in particular — due to the importance of cleanliness to clients. “Since these duvet covers have become so popular, we question the hotel suppliers with whom we work about how frequently they actually launder them,” she explains.
- Typical responses range from every check-out to once per month.
- Bed bug concerns have made it a particularly hot topic among her clients, she says.
- In response to our Facebook discussion, prominent meeting planner and frequent traveler Joan Eisenstodt from Washington, D.C.
- Flagged a note (see photo) she discovered in her room at the Hyatt Regency Dallas Fort Worth at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport last night.
The note, signed by a housekeeper named Rosa, states that the room contains, among other things, clean linens and towels. “I like it,” Eisenstodt says. “It is reassuring, and I appreciate having the housekeeper’s name in particular. It imparts accountability upon the action.” Sticky notes improve customer satisfaction at Hilton Why did the Hilton’s Hampton hotel chain distribute sticky notes? According to the chain’s vice president of products, sticky note reminders were implemented after customer research revealed that guests either wondered about duvet cover cleaning or did not consider it.
Smith states, “It’s one of those things that we do exceptionally well, but we’re not getting credit for it.” So we decided to determine how to receive credit for it. It has worked, he reports. The notes have increased awareness of the hotel chain’s fresh-linen program, which has resulted in enhanced customer perceptions of guestroom cleanliness, overall satisfaction, and even purchasing decisions, he says.
The success of the reminders has prompted Smith to declare that Hampton will continue the program in 2013. There will be one modification, however: To prevent repeat Hampton guests from dismissing them at first glance, the sticky notes will be replaced with another form of communication.
Should I travel with my own towel?
Have you EVER Seen Someone Clean a Hair Dryer? The majority of the items on this list will come into close contact with humans. Towels and bed sheets have extensive contact with your skin, so it makes sense that those with a fear of germs would prefer to bring their own from home and avoid the potential dangers of using hotel linens.
- However, our next entry does not fit into this category.
- Hotel hair dryers are largely responsible for the transmission of pathogens from guest to guest.
- Do you believe that anyone has ever cleaned the hotel’s hair dryers? I am not even sure how one would clean them, so I am certain that the overworked hotel staff has not even considered it.
To make matters worse, hair dryers are typically warm for extended periods of time and can therefore become wet when placed in close proximity to wet hair. The combination of moisture and warmth are sure signs of bacteria, and I would wager that hair dryers contain more germs than any other location in a hotel room.
No. Even if the food is breakfast. Breakfast is served in the morning, followed by lunch after noon. If you eat your first meal after noon, you skipped breakfast.