12-15 Approximately 12-15 per pound.
How many sausage links are in a pound?
Five raw links are per pound.
BBQ Serving Guide – Expectations for Meat – Meyers’ Elgin Sausage BBQ is not only a Texas tradition, but also a way of life here. At family gatherings, parties, weddings, and even simple weeknight dinners, barbecue is the focal point. It could easily qualify as its own food group in Texas.
- And based solely on principle, it would rank first!) Whether you are hosting a party for 40 people or feeding your family of four, it can be difficult to determine how much barbecue to purchase or order.
- Cooking for a large group or ordering through our can make calculating portions per person particularly difficult.
You don’t want to run out of food, as that would be a travesty for a Texas barbecue, nor do you want to buy too much and have leftovers that might not get eaten (although we doubt that would ever happen). To keep portions in perspective, we recommend 1/2 to 1/3 pound of barbecue meat per person (when we cater our traditional brisket and sausage plate, we calculate 1/4 pound of brisket and 1/4 pound of sausage per person).
When serving a large group, you never know if there are champion eaters whose mere presence is known to set cattle on edge, or petite eaters who prefer to nibble (we call these children). If you have children at your home or at a party, one adult portion of meat is sufficient for two younger children.
We recommend a minimum of two “bones” per adult for ribs served with the bone intact. If you are only serving ribs, you may wish to double the recommended serving size. If you only gave us two ribs when we sat down to eat, we’d have to assume you’re not from around here.
- When planning to serve barbecue, you should also consider the accompaniments.
- For large parties, each guest should consume one cup of each side dish.
- If you are planning a family dinner, you will know how much you and your children will eat, such as half a cup of each side dish.
- Individual 4-ounce and 8-ounce portions are available for purchase.
We also offer pints, quarts, and gallons for smaller family orders, parties, or catering. For large catering orders, a gallon of side dish will serve approximately 25 individuals, or that one uncle who insists on calling potato salad potato salad. (We are not referring to Ron White.) If you live in or around Elgin, Texas, we would love to have you visit our restaurant for a family meal or to pick up food to go.
How many links are there in ten pounds of sausage?
Sausage Links 10lb ( 125 Count )
What is the weight of pork breakfast sausage? –
|1 serving 2 links||48|